Thursday, May 16, 2013

Fingerprints for Immigration-USCIS

Last Friday, we trekked down to Milwaukee for our USCIS (United States Citizen and Immigration Services) biometrics testing. That's really just a fancy schmancy way to say fingerprinting...that costs $900.

I would like to tell you an exciting story about the whole process, but it really was pretty simple. We walked in, filled out some paperwork and waited for them to call our names. When we stepped up, the worker sanitized my hands about 10 times as he took my fingerprints. I hadn't really done much research about the process, and I thought that I would be walking out of the Homeland Security office with black, ink-stained fingertips. I was surprised to find out the whole process (even in little Milwaukee, WI) is digital--no black ink anymore. :)


Twenty minutes later, we walked out unscathed. Nothing too exciting had really happened, but another step was checked off our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment