Monday, November 25, 2013

Hopeful

Many of you sweet friends have been sending notes, emails, texts, and hugs of encouragement to me these last few weeks. My days have been up. My days have been down. I have struggled to think on truth...yet I have battled hard to saturate my mind in that truth. God is good.

I rest in the hands of a sovereign God. A God whose goodness is overwhelming, whose grace is unending, whose love is abundant. 

I have come to a few conclusions regarding this sweet boy who will not be ours. My role in his life has changed--I will not be his mother, but I do believe that I will always have a role to play in this boy's life... even if I never meet him. His precious face will never be erased from my memory (or my computer, for that matter). Rather now, I pray for him. I pray that God will work in his life to care for each of his needs and to find him a family when that time comes.

But more than that, I pray that he will someday know the overwhelming goodness, unending grace and abundant love of the Almighty Father. A Father who will never leave him, nor forsake him. 

So I pray. I pray for this boy.

And I wait. I wait for my own boy.

So today, as I pray, I am hopeful. Hopeful for what God has in store in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment