Thursday, March 6, 2014

God, My Preservation

(earlier this week)

Psalm 16 

1  Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
2  I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
    I have no good apart from you.”
5  The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
    you hold my lot.
7  I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
    in the night also my heart instructs me.
8  I have set the Lord always before me;
    because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.
9  Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being      rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.
10  For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
    or let your holy one see corruption.

11 You make known to me the path of life;
    in your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

God, My Preservation
God, You preserve me, guiding and protectingly weary soul. In these days, I have run to you for refuge-and You have given it. 

Lord, when my soul longs for answers-for my son-You have reminded me that You are my portion. You are an abundant and sufficient portion.

God, You preserve my lot--my place in life is held within Your capable hands. Beyond that, You counsel me in the way I should go. 

Lord, You preserve the very ground beneath me. Though every day seems to bring shifting sands, I will not be shaken--because of You. 

You preserve my heart, my being, my flesh. Because of Who You are, I can have joy. I can be secure in the future, whatever it may bring.

You preserve the path before me. You direct my steps. Despite the unsurety of the storm around me, I can rest in Your presence. Though my heart aches, I can find joy at Your right hand. 



No comments:

Post a Comment