Friday, February 28, 2014

My God, Giver of Rest

Psalm 4
1    Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have given me relief when I was in distress. Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!
4    Be angry, and do not sin; ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. 
5    Offer right sacrifices, and put your trust in the Lord
8    In peace, I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. 

My God, Giver of Rest
Lord, you have given me relief in my distress. Though my circumstances are uncertain. Though I still have no answers. Though we are not moving an inch. Though I do not know the end. You have caused my heart to rest. My heart rests in you.

To you, Lord, I offer the sacrifice of my heart. The sacrifice of my own will and desires. I offer them to you. Lord, do your work as you desire. Do your will as you see best.

God, I thank you for the sleep that you have provided these last few nights. Before, my heart was so anxious--my mind unable to stop. But you have delivered peace to my mind. You have given me rest. Under the shadow of your winds, though the storms continues to rage about me, I dwell in safety. Your safety.

For these things, I praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment